ON AIR: The New Classical FM

Passport Changes

Travel2007-12-17By: Libby Znaimer

If you’re planning a winter getaway south of the border, here’s what you need to know about the  new documentation requirements for crossing the border.  For land and sea travel, most people can still get by with a drivers license or birth certificate. But that is going to change soon. On January 31, 2008 you’ll be asked to produce both documents, not just one, or a passport. Even though it’s not absolutely required yet, the government  recommends carrying a valid passport whenever you leave the country. By the end of next summer, holding that passport will be a requirement – though the Canadian government is trying to push that deadline back. Plan ahead, even though passport processing times are back to normal, it can still take as long as six weeks to get one.


Listen on the Go

Classical Logo
Download Apps
Download Apps
Marilyn Lightstone Reads
Art End World